Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bioforce (or Bio Force )TNT Home Gym - This thing is sweet!

Vehicles
      2010 Golf TDI 4DR MT6 SB 1989 AW11 MR2 4AGE 150whp 2250lbs
      01-01-2008 05:25 PM #1
      I've been waiting and looking for a replacement to my Weider Crossbow (crappy quality and iffy design, but it *does* get fair results) which I purchased 3 years ago. Encountered the Bioforce at a Sports Authority the other day, was intrigued, played with it for over half an hour, and was sold. It's been around at least 1-2 years now I think - think I saw it on TV at one point, but the infomercial style turned me off and I dismissed it.

I purchased it for $999 a few days after demo-ing it, assembled it, and have been very largely impressed with it. There are a couple minor little gripes, but it is so very much better than what I had, and it really does virtually everything right. Quality is quite good for the price.

The load is not proportional (i.e. spring-like) but constant through the motion. The motion is very smooth. It's very easy to change load, and the included load is far more than enough for typical people like myself that just want to get strong, healthy, and look good naked. Unless youre a hard core body builder, there is more than enough load to really work the body good.

Comes with good exercise demo DVD made with a well-established/respected personal trainer. Comes with two ankle straps. Workouts go quite a bit faster than they did on my Crossbow, probably about 20% faster.

Some things I like: Leg developer is properly setup, and therefore actually useful; lat tower is always ready (it's connected to the same cable as the primary handles); multiple pulley positions allow lots of exercise flexibility, plenty more than the 80+ unique exercises shown in the manual; overall quality is great for the money; it doesnt weigh a ton - about 175lbs assembled; doesnt consume much space; various other little things and attention to detail. I have very few minor gripes.

Anyway, if anyone has been considering getting a home gym, you cant much go wrong with this machine. I highly recommend it.

The Bio Force low-class website : http://www.bioforcetnt.com/BIOFORCEVIDEO.html

Modified by RogueTDI at 3:47 PM 1-1-2008

2. 01-01-2008 05:56 PM #2
      Fail.

Olympic weight set + Power Rack = cheaper and better.

3. 01-01-2008 06:01 PM #3
      Quote, originally posted by osiris »
      Fail.

word. it sounds like this guy actually uses his home equipment, which is more than I can say for most people.

however, for $1k you can buy over 3 years of gym membership at most gyms.

Vehicles
      01-01-2008 06:53 PM #4
      Fail.

Well, yes, I actually use my machine.

And unless youre primarily interested in trying to meet people, or you just have no room for a home gym, gym club memberships are a waste of time and energy. Working out at home is far more time/cost-effective. And comparing resistance machines like this to free weights is rather silly. I'm fully aware of the differences between a machine like this, and free weights. Calling free weights "better" demonstrates a lot of ignorance, in terms of results, safety, and user-ease. Was hoping I'd get a bit more intelligent response here.

EDIT: Let me rephrase the "ignorance" comment - Please explain why free weights are "better."

Modified by RogueTDI at 4:01 PM 1-1-2008

5. 01-01-2008 07:24 PM #5
      Quote, originally posted by RogueTDI »

Well, yes, I actually use my machine.

And unless youre primarily interested in trying to meet people, or you just have no room for a home gym, gym club memberships are a waste of time and energy. Working out at home is far more time/cost-effective. And comparing resistance machines like this to free weights is rather silly. I'm fully aware of the differences between a machine like this, and free weights. Calling free weights "better" demonstrates a lot of ignorance, in terms of results, safety, and user-ease. Was hoping I'd get a bit more intelligent response here.

EDIT: Let me rephrase the "ignorance" comment - Please explain why free weights are "better."

Modified by RogueTDI at 4:01 PM 1-1-2008

why would you come in here, tell us about your machine and when we tell you we don't recommend it, you call us ignorant?? Are we not allowed opinions that differ from yours??

free weights are better because there of the variety of movements you can do without a lot of equipment, a power rack, barbell and some weights will allow you to do hundreds of exercises in the same amount of space that your machine takes up, and it'll cost a lot less.

they are also better because compound movements use more more muscles together than isolation movements, and machines are primarily focused on isolation movements.

range of motion is controlled by the user with free weights, with a machine, the range of motion is set.

balance, there is little to no balance needed with a machine, resulting in poor CNS stimulation and less muscles involved, with free weights, there is a lot of balance and supporting muscles used in almost all movements.

safety.......you have to be a moron to get hurt lifting weights.

cost, when I was in the army, gyms on post were free. since I've gotten out, I've had to pay for a membership, I got out in Oct 05, I've spent WAAAAAAAAAY less money for gym memberships total so far, than you have on this machine.

user ease, a little research will show you thousands of exercises, it's not something that requires skill, other than a small few movements.

major compound movements, deads, squats, cleans, any major full body movement requires free weights, and these movements are the most efficient things you can do.

even though this is a lot of information......I could go on.

we're all real happy that you bought this setup and all, but don't call people ignorant when you don't like what you hear, because it makes you look like an ass, especially in this case, because you are wrong.

Vehicles
      01-01-2008 07:40 PM #6
      Quote, originally posted by ::xander:: »
      why would you come in here, tell us about your machine and when we tell you we don't recommend it, you call us ignorant?? Are we not allowed opinions that differ from yours??

free weights are better because there of the variety of movements you can do without a lot of equipment, a power rack, barbell and some weights will allow you to do hundreds of exercises in the same amount of space that your machine takes up, and it'll cost a lot less.

they are also better because compound movements use more more muscles together than isolation movements, and machines are primarily focused on isolation movements.

range of motion is controlled by the user with free weights, with a machine, the range of motion is set.

balance, there is little to no balance needed with a machine, resulting in poor CNS stimulation and less muscles involved, with free weights, there is a lot of balance and supporting muscles used in almost all movements.

safety.......you have to be a moron to get hurt lifting weights.

cost, when I was in the army, gyms on post were free. since I've gotten out, I've had to pay for a membership, I got out in Oct 05, I've spent WAAAAAAAAAY less money for gym memberships total so far, than you have on this machine.

user ease, a little research will show you thousands of exercises, it's not something that requires skill, other than a small few movements.

major compound movements, deads, squats, cleans, any major full body movement requires free weights, and these movements are the most efficient things you can do.

even though this is a lot of information......I could go on.

we're all real happy that you bought this setup and all, but don't call people ignorant when you don't like what you hear, because it makes you look like an ass, especially in this case, because you are wrong.

I understand how I look like an ass - that's why I added my "EDIT" comment.

You havent told me anything I didnt already know. So, from my perspective, the ass is the one that tried to treat me like a fool for spending $1k on a machine like this.

It's all too common in my experience for weight-lifting "jocks" to dismiss anything that isnt a freeweight.

Let me tell you the one excercise I think could be done better with free weights compared to this machine - a heavy squat.

Other than that, your arguments dont hold much water. This isnt a typical isolating machine. A properly designed cable machine (such as this one) doesnt restrict range of motion or motion direction. It's basically a source of resistance, the direction of which can be varied in complex ways to replicate all kinds of movements. With this machine, the resistance is constant, just like free weight, except better, because there's no inertia.

Sure, you can do a lot of exercises with a few free weights. You will also take a long time to do them, if you want to vary your loads.

This machine allows for plenty of "compound movements." Plenty of exercises can and are to be done off the chair, and even on the chair, stabilizing muscles are critical.

Safety with free wieghts? Yeah, just dont drop one, especially on yourself. A machine like mine doesnt ever require a spotter.

User ease - I'm talking how easily and quickly I can blast through a workout, compared to the slow, tedious process of messing with free weights (particularly setting up barbells.

Are you including the added cost of time invovled in the more time-consuming free weight workout, not to mention coming/going to the gym, and waiting on equipment? Perhaps the nearest gym is rather out of the way for some people.

Deadlifts and squats are quite doable on this machine. Cleans (if I understand you right) could be done, but I think they actually rely on inertia, or they wont work.

So look, I can come off a bit arrogant sometimes. I'm not saying this machine does it all, or that it's perfect, I just think it's pretty great piece of equipment. I was just sharing, and the first comments I get sound pretty darned ignorant, dismissing the machine out of hand, so who's the ass here?

Modified by RogueTDI at 10:17 PM 1-1-2008

7. 01-01-2008 07:51 PM #7
      Hahahahahahah I can't believe you were sucker enough to buy one of those ****ing pieces of ****, and then you had the cajones to post it up here.

Hahahahahahahahahahah...I have to say it again

SUCKER!!!!!

Let's see some pics of your "progress" while using that abomination.

Vehicles
      2013 Toyota Corolla, 2010 Toyota Corolla.
      01-01-2008 08:00 PM #8
      It's better than sitting on your ass eating doritos. Which is the most calories I burn ALL day.

My parents had something like that, only this was back when I was in highschool. I think it was worth like $200. But the combination of healthy eating, daily cardio and using a cheap machine like that actually gave me significant gains in losing weight and looking better. Stupid, maybe. But better than staying in really bad shape (like now)!

"I don’t want the company to be driven by numbers. I want it to be driven by making better cars and contributing to society. That will turn into profit, which we can use to develop better cars. That should be the cycle, and that will, as a result, build a company with a strong foundation."
      -Akio Toyoda

9. 01-01-2008 08:35 PM #9
      I've been waiting and looking for a replacement to my Weider Crossbow (crappy quality and iffy design, but it *does* get fair results) which I purchased 3 years ago. Encountered the Bioforce at a Sports Authority the other day, was intrigued, played with it for over half an hour, and was sold. It's been around at least 1-2 years now I think - think I saw it on TV at one point, but the infomercial style turned me off and I dismissed it.

I purchased it for $999 a few days after demo-ing it, assembled it, and have been very largely impressed with it. There are a couple minor little gripes, but it is so very much better than what I had, and it really does virtually everything right. Quality is quite good for the price.

The load is not proportional (i.e. spring-like) but constant through the motion. The motion is very smooth. It's very easy to change load, and the included load is far more than enough for typical people like myself that just want to get strong, healthy, and look good naked. Unless youre a hard core body builder, there is more than enough load to really work the body good.

Comes with good exercise demo DVD made with a well-established/respected personal trainer. Comes with two ankle straps. Workouts go quite a bit faster than they did on my Crossbow, probably about 20% faster.

Some things I like: Leg developer is properly setup, and therefore actually useful; lat tower is always ready (it's connected to the same cable as the primary handles); multiple pulley positions allow lots of exercise flexibility, plenty more than the 80+ unique exercises shown in the manual; overall quality is great for the money; it doesnt weigh a ton - about 175lbs assembled; doesnt consume much space; various other little things and attention to detail. I have very few minor gripes.

Anyway, if anyone has been considering getting a home gym, you cant much go wrong with this machine. I highly recommend it.

The Bio Force low-class website : http://www.bioforcetnt.com/BIOFORCEVIDEO.html

Modified by RogueTDI at 3:47 PM 1-1-2008

Good for you just make sure you use it

Vehicles
      Audi S5, 2006 Sierra, 2008 Jetta
      01-01-2008 08:38 PM #10

I understand how I look like an ass - that's why I added my "EDIT" comment.

You havent told me anything I didnt already know. So, from my perspective, the ass is the one that tried to treat me like a fool for spending $1k on a machine like this.

It's all too common in my experience for weight-lifting "jocks" to dismiss anything that isnt a freeweight.

Let me tell you the one excercise I think could be done better with free weights compared to this machine - a heavy squat.

Other than that, your arguments dont hold much water. This isnt a typical isolating machine. A properly designed cable machine (such as this one) doesnt restrict range of motion or motion direction. It's basically a source of resistance, the direction of which can be varied in complex ways to replicate all kinds of movements. With this machine, the resistance is constant, just like free weight, except better, because there's no inertia.

Sure, you can do a lot of exercises with a few free weights. You will also take a long time to do them, if you want to vary your loads.

This machine allows for plenty of "compound movements." Plenty of exercises can and are to be done off the chair, and even on the chair, stabilizing muscles are critical.

Safety with free wieghts? Yeah, just dont drop one, especially on yourself. A machine like mine doesnt ever require a spotter.

User ease - I'm talking how easily and quickly I can blast through a workout, compared to the slow, tedious process of messing with free weights (particularly setting up barbells.

Are you including the added cost of time invovled in the more time-consuming free weight workout, not to mention coming/going to the gym, and waiting on equipment? Perhaps the nearest gym is rather out of the way for some people.

Deadlifts and squats are quite doable on this machine. Cleans (if I understand you right) could be done, but I think they actually rely on inertia, or they wont work.

So look, I can come off a bit arrogant sometimes. I'm not saying this machine does it all, or that it's perfect, I just think it's pretty great piece of equipment. I was just sharing, and the first comments I get sound pretty darned ignorant, dismissing the machine out of hand, so who's the ass here?

Modified by RogueTDI at 4:47 PM 1-1-2008

If you're a single person living in a remote wilderness who works an excessively large amount of hours and do not have access to a 24hr gym then I can understand you buying this piece of equipment.

You're severely limiting your potential with this machine.

reasons to join a real gym:

1. you have no lump sum cost.
      2. that unit will eventually be worth nothing in a monetary sense...not to mention, if it breaks its on you.
      3. A gym gives you access to any number of other machines, plus freeweights, and cardio units.
      4. You can actually achieve something impressive at a gym.

my 2 cents.

but to each his own.

11. 01-01-2008 10:03 PM #11

We can add these to the list as well:

Deadlifts
      Powercleans
      Snatches
      Turkish Get-ups
      Windmills
      (walking) lunges
      Farmers carries
      etc...

12. 01-02-2008 12:36 AM #12
      can this be a sweet equipment thread?

Tractor Tire (or Tire) Home Edition

I was playing around with one of these at the junkyard for a good half hour so I decided to take it home. I was talking with the guy about the price and he let me have it for a 12pk of PBR so I said SOLD! and strapped it to my Corrado.

I flip the tire and I hammer the tire.

Vehicles
      01-02-2008 01:37 AM #13
      Quote, originally posted by spoolin215 »
      We can add these to the list as well:

Deadlifts
      Powercleans
      Snatches
      Turkish Get-ups
      Windmills
      (walking) lunges
      Farmers carries
      etc...

Hmm, I can achieve most of these with this machine. Deadlifts, powercleans, lunges, windmills are quite doable. Even the turkish thing is largely doable. (I dont really know most of these exercises - I viewed videos online). However, if inertia is really important(i.e. snatches), then thats an issue of course. Walking (farmer carry) wouldnt make much sense of course.

Quote, originally posted by bedford04GLI »
      If you're a single person living in a remote wilderness who works an excessively large amount of hours and do not have access to a 24hr gym then I can understand you buying this piece of equipment.

You're severely limiting your potential with this machine.

reasons to join a real gym:

1. you have no lump sum cost.
      2. that unit will eventually be worth nothing in a monetary sense...not to mention, if it breaks its on you.
      3. A gym gives you access to any number of other machines, plus freeweights, and cardio units.
      4. You can actually achieve something impressive at a gym.

my 2 cents.

but to each his own.

Well, the nearest gym is a fair distance away. And for other reasons I stated, I'm not eager to pay a gym for what they give me.

Lump sum cost is a minor downside with a relatively small amount such as $1k. Unless your awesome with investments, that's not a lot of loss in terms of time value of money.

Actually, I imagine I could sell this thing down the line no problem, assuming it works. I'll probably sell my old POS for about $100-200, paid $600 for it. Does a gym membership provide monetary value long term(i.e. resale)?

Impressive at a gym? I didnt buy this expecting to get no results. I expect the results to be substantial, not body-builder big, but then, I'll never want that anyway.

I'm not dissing free weights - there are some exercises where only free weights make sense. I own a few free weights (just dumbbells). But machines like this are very easy to use, have numerous advantages to free weights for most exercises, and can generate real results(I doubled and quadrupled my strength for major muscles groups with my old Weider machine in <3 months, and it was totally useful for real-world strength).

Anyway, I didnt come looking to fight or anything. I expected some disdain for this kind of machine, but not so much. I'm sorry these machines get no respect, because theoretically they can offer a lot, and I think this one does. No, I'm no body builder, but I know a fair bit about exercise and building/conditioning muscle. I thought maybe some people in here might consider a machine like this and I just wanted to share my experience with it.

Modified by RogueTDI at 10:52 PM 1-1-2008

01-02-2008 12:00 PM #14
      Rogue,

i can see where your coming from, but i think we would all have a better understanding if you posted up your main goals. like you said, you dont want a body builder physique, the majority of the guys here have goals of lifting big and getting big, then there are those that want to lose weight add some tone and just look fit.

The only way i would ever use this machine is if i wanted to tone up/lose some weight. but that machine just looks very restrictive to me, you say that its easy to use, well maybe it is, but from what i recall, weight lifting, or any kind of workout shouldnt be easy at all.

again, what are your goals?

15. 01-02-2008 12:03 PM #15
      See those little pullies that the wire goes through? Those limit your range of motion and change the direction from which virtually every lift you do is resisted. That's not good.

Please to be explaining how you can do a worthwhile squat, deadlift, or lunge with this machine.

01-02-2008 12:05 PM #16
      yea i forgot to ask that too, how do you do those big lifts with this machine?

17. 01-02-2008 12:07 PM #17
      I never priced weight lifting equipment b/c i just go to a 30,000 dollar a year gym (College lol)....But wouldn't it be cheaper adn more effective to buy a bench, barbell, dumbells and free weights?

i dont know that for a fact but just my thought. Once i buy a house i want to have an excercise room that way i wouldn't have to put up with gym d-bags....and the conveniences...but j/w

01-02-2008 01:06 PM #18
      Having equipment in your home is infinitely better than a gym membership for SOME people because some people lack the motivation and time management and sheer enthusiasm (not to mention perhaps the confidence) to make it to a gym and grind it out during the rush hour crowd. Simply put, its one more location to travel to, pay for, and if you cancel one more headache to deal with financially etc.

A home gym allows you alot more flexibility in terms of time management and personal privacy when exercising.

Now it's true that for most SEASONED weightlifters a machine liek this will seem silly. But for people who are just starting out, i dont care what anyone says - ITS BETTER THAN NOTHING. I'll say it again - ITS BETTER.. THAN.. NOTHING.

Ok so he could hav spent his money elsewhere, hell we all could have done a lot of things in life differently. But remember we weren't born with the knowledege we all have now about dubs, chicks, health and fitness, whatever. So what if he could have spent his money differently, he eventually will, its a learning curve. For now at least he has something convenient that he's excited about. He IMMEDIATELY stands a better chance of success than most of the people who just signed up for the nearest/cheapest gym in their area without thinking things through. We all know 2/3 of those people will be in the same boat by spring.

With proper dieting there is no reason why this wouldnt work for him. Sure he may not get beastly strong or build core strength but with a diet routine, exerting himself on this machine will still build more muscle and burn more calories than doing jack ****.

Let's all try not to be a bunch of elitist meat heads. Offering constructive criticism is one thing but bashing each other to death is getting lame.

19. 01-02-2008 01:21 PM #19
      Working out, for me, is all about efficienty and effectiveness. If you can spend less money, less time, and get better resultes from different equipment, then you have wasted your time with anything else. Sure, it is better than doing nothing, but so is curling milk jugs when you watch TV or doing one of those aerobic things that are on at 4AM.

20. 01-02-2008 02:15 PM #20
      Go with what works for you, I guess, but here is my set-up that didn't cost me more than $1,250 CDN, mostly by buying some second-hand stuff, waiting for sales, and taking advantage of corporate "health and well-being" incentives to get $250 back per year on my purchases:

- 305 lb Oly plate set
      - 45 lb Oly bar
      - 25 lb e-z-curl bar
      - adjustable incline/flat bench with dip station and accessory attachment
      - leg curl/extension station
      - fixed plate dumbbells in 10 lb increments from 15 to 85 lbs
      - pairs of 1.25 and 2.5 lb magnetic micro-plates to fill in gaps in dumbbells
      - balance board
      - hoops for leg raises
      - home-made pull-up station (hooks and rings visible on joist)
      - 52.5 lb Nautilus selec-tecs
      - skipping rope

Granted it took some time and patience to accumulate these things, but I feel like my set-up is an order of magnitude better than any machine out there.

Modified by Double-V at 11:17 AM 1-2-2008

Quote Originally Posted by 20aeman View Post
      No, the real enthusiast vehicle would be the RX8. It combines V12 Lamborghini gas mileage with Hyundai Genesis 4cyl. performance.

Vehicles
      2010 GTI
      01-02-2008 04:06 PM #21
      Looks like a nice machine but I find it funny when people say "I don't want a body builders body anyway" as if it could happen by accident if you pick up a weight LOL.

Don;t worry, unless you haul ass in the gym 6 days a week and change your eating habbits, you wont have a body builder styler body just by grabbing a weight.. I WISH I had that body but it won't happen

Modify your VW online at Dubmodder

22. Banned
      Vehicles
      e36 m3, 95 z28
      01-02-2008 04:36 PM #22
      someone needs to get a total gym. for real though, just because you aren't a bodybuilder or someone looking to blast huge amounts of weight through the ceiling has no significance as why you'd want a machine over frees

for 1000 bucks, you could have a 300 lb oly set, a quality bench, plenty of dumbells, and a TON of homemade crap you could use for intangibles and conditioning.

to each his own, but this is the last forum you want to boast about a machine in

Vehicles
      01-02-2008 04:57 PM #23
      See those little pullies that the wire goes through? Those limit your range of motion and change the direction from which virtually every lift you do is resisted. That's not good.

Please to be explaining how you can do a worthwhile squat, deadlift, or lunge with this machine.

The pulleys can be relocated to various points on the machine. You can pull from up high, in the middle, down low and back, and two points below the body (out on the front end of those steel frame legs, by the steel plate).

With pulleys low and forward, deadlifts and sqauts are easy and very doable. Only issue with sqauts as the machine comes, is the load has to be low enough that you can get the bar/handles up to starting position. Alternately, if you put some kind of bar holder in there, that might suffice to help with this problem. Current configuration allows me to squat about 80-100lbs. Far less and I can feel burn quickly, no problem.

My goals are to get "ripped" and strong, good proportions, sexy body, but not "body builder big." I hope to gain around 15-20lb of muscle, maybe. I'm in this mostly for healthy lifestyle - look good, feel good, reduce risks of injury, disease, extend life, a la Jack Lalanne.

24. Member
      Vehicles
      '11 GTI, '12 JSW TDI
      01-02-2008 05:13 PM #24
      My goals are to get "ripped" and strong, good proportions, sexy body, but not "body builder big." I hope to gain around 15-20lb of muscle, maybe. I'm in this mostly for healthy lifestyle - look good, feel good, reduce risks of injury, disease, extend life, a la Jack Lalanne.

oh dear. bring on the pain storm, hulk.

I'm quite happy with the fact that I've spent well under $500 and have squat stands, a bench, olympic bar and 500+lbs of plates, kettlebells, rings, pullup bar, and a climbing hang board. Most of his stuff will last essentially forever, except maybe for the bar.

25. 01-02-2008 05:14 PM #25
      Quote, originally posted by MixmasterNash »

I'm quite happy with the fact that I've spent well under $500 and have squat stands, a bench, olympic bar and 500+lbs of plates, kettlebells, rings, pullup bar, and a climbing hang board. Most of his stuff will last essentially forever, except maybe for the bar.

pain storm lol.

I gave up on this thread, waste of time imo

26. 01-02-2008 08:16 PM #26

The pulleys can be relocated to various points on the machine. You can pull from up high, in the middle, down low and back, and two points below the body (out on the front end of those steel frame legs, by the steel plate).

With pulleys low and forward, deadlifts and sqauts are easy and very doable. Only issue with sqauts as the machine comes, is the load has to be low enough that you can get the bar/handles up to starting position. Alternately, if you put some kind of bar holder in there, that might suffice to help with this problem. Current configuration allows me to squat about 80-100lbs. Far less and I can feel burn quickly, no problem.

Wow, you're just an idiot. Good luck gaining 15-20lbs of muscle with that machine and your 100lb squats.

27. 01-02-2008 10:33 PM #27
      Quote, originally posted by MixmasterNash »

bars never last, but replacing a bar because its bent is an amazing feeling.....do you have any pics of your climbing hang board?

personally i prefer free weights but i have to agree with evil_vr on this one where i do agree that its better then nothing and with proper diet & routine results are achievable

but to the OP if you think deads, cleans, turkish getups, etc... are do'able on that machine its painfully obvious that you haven't really done any of these excersises.... & if it gets you motivated and you enjoy it

28. 01-02-2008 10:46 PM #28
      I've never seen a bar bent.

but I've never owned one either

Vehicles
      2006 Vue, 2012 Chevy Cruze LT2, 1996 BK
      01-02-2008 10:54 PM #29
      treat me like a fool for spending $1k on a machine like this.

Okay.

30. 01-02-2008 11:09 PM #30

Hmm, I can achieve most of these with this machine. Deadlifts, powercleans, lunges, windmills are quite doable. Even the turkish thing is largely doable.

No. Just no. There is no way to effectively do these exercises with a ****ing cable machine! Esp. powercleans.

I dont really know most of these exercises

This is painfully apparent.

But machines like this are very easy to use, have numerous advantages to free weights for most exercises, and can generate real results(I doubled and quadrupled my strength for major muscles groups with my old Weider machine in <3 months, and it was totally useful for real-world strength).

Great.
      I took my deadlift from 275lbs. to 525lbs. with free weights.
      I took my snatches from 95lbs. to 185lbs. with free weights.
      I took my bench from 135lbs. to 325lbs. with free weights.
      I took my cleans from 135lbs. to 275lbs. with free weights.
      I took my jerks from 155lbs. to 275lbs. with....you guessed it... FREE WEIGHTS!!!!

I garantee that I have vastly more real world strength than you? Don't believe me? Let's meet on the rugby pitch, or a stones platform, or any other area of functional strength.

Lump sum cost is a minor downside with a relatively small amount such as $1k. Unless your awesome with investments, that's not a lot of loss in terms of time value of money.

Ah the economic argument. The last arena of your pathetic justification that I will now refute...

I got all this (Kettlebells, 500lbs. of weights, three oly bars, a squat rack, 500sq. feet of rubber matting, 2 plyo boxes, rings, balls, etc.) for ~$500.

Not only does my equipment look far less like some sort of kweer sex apparatus (with the exception of the rings) it provides me with virtually limitless configurations for strength, endurance, or cardio training....or sexual exscapades.

In conclusion....

Whhoooooooooooooo!!!!!111!!!!!!1!!

^^^
      Beer I bought with all the money I saved not being an idiot

31. 01-02-2008 11:14 PM #31
      No money left over to Brazilian the face?

Home gyms rule. I can swear, do "dangerous" exercises like deads that gyms won't allow, I can grab my crotch between sets. Great stuff.

No, the real enthusiast vehicle would be the RX8. It combines V12 Lamborghini gas mileage with Hyundai Genesis 4cyl. performance.

32. 01-02-2008 11:17 PM #32
      Quote, originally posted by Double-V »
      No money left over to Brazilian the face?

What do you think I wove my vest out of? I'm regrowing to make myself a matching pair of face hair chaps.

33. 01-03-2008 12:13 AM #33
      Noice.

I'm growing out my eyebrows to do a comeover.

Vehicles
      2006 Vue, 2012 Chevy Cruze LT2, 1996 BK
      01-03-2008 12:35 AM #34
      Quote, originally posted by Double-V »
      "dangerous" exercises like deads that gyms won't allow.

What!?

35. 01-03-2008 08:45 AM #35
      Quote, originally posted by lojasmo »

What!?

It's the ****ing truth, they exist.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast